Tactical Unconstrained Growth (TUG) is an absolute return strategy with the objective of delivering a positive rate of return over a calendar year regardless of market conditions. The strategy attempts to take advantage of both bull and bear markets through the use of strategic equity, treasury, and money market positions. Looking to capitalize on the non-correlation between equities and bonds, the program will assess which asset class provides the best opportunity in light of prevailing market conditions.
- Excellent portfolio diversifier with a Beta of just 0.25% going back to February of 2016. (Data through 3/31/2021)
- Advanced +5.3% during the 1st quarter 2020 COVID crisis when stocks lost roughly 20%.
- Finished 2020 up over 27%. Finished 2018 up over 8% when the average equity mutual fund lost roughly 8%.
- Impressive 5-year risk adjusted returns, with a maximum drawdown of less than 10%.
- The ability to “short” treasuries makes the strategy an appealing option during rising interest rate environments.